عدد المساهمات : 3509
تاريخ التسجيل : 15/09/2009
العمر : 49
الموقع : مصر
|موضوع: شهادات الامان للبوليمر الانيونى الجمعة مارس 26, 2010 11:22 am|| |
شلثىف)سشبقخخى ؤخةحشىغ خب هىيهش شىي ثىلثمشىي(
Material Safety Data Sheet
TO AID COAGULATION AND WATER CLARIFICATION
a white water-oil emulsion, anionic polyacrylamide, of high molecular weight and medium density charge.
draws pin floc into a more stable floc for easier filtration and is particularly useful in petroleum wastewaters.
Performs best in a pH range of 7.0 - 9.0, although performance is possible within the range of 6 - 13.
NFPA Hazard Ratings:
0=Minimal, 1=Slight, 2=Moderate, 3=Serious, 4=Severe
Health=1 Fire=1 Reactivity=0
All ingredients on Canadian DSL and USA TSCA lists
1. Product Identification
Synonyms: Solutions A4040L
CAS Number: Not applicable to mixtures
Chemical Formula: mixture
Formula ID Codes: 34040
2. Composition/Information on Ingredients
Chemical Name CAS Number OSHA PEL ACGIH TLV % Weight
2-propanoic acid, sodium salt, polymer with 2-propenamide 25085-02-3 NDA NDA 67 - 79
Light, Low Odor Petroleum hydrotreated solvent 64742-47-8 NDA NDA 20 - 30
Nonylphenoxypoly- (ethyleneoxy) ethanol, NP-9, nonionic surfactant 26027-38-3 NDA NDA 1 - 3
Ingredients not precisely identified are proprietary and/or non-hazardous. All chemical ingredients appear on the EPA TSCA inventory.
3. Hazards Identification
Emergency Overview: Caution: Irritant to eyes, skin. Heated vapors irritate respiratory tract.
Potential Health Effects:
• Signs and Symptoms of Acute Overexposure: Eye, skin irritation. Inhalation of heated vapors may irritate the respiratory tract.
• Signs and Symptoms of Chronic overexposure: Prolonged inhalation of concentrated.heated vapors may cause damage to the kidneys. Reddening and swelling of affected area with possile itching, burning or other discomfort.
• Medical Conditions Generally Aggravated by Exposure: Existing cuts, rashes, allergies, or other sensitive areas.
• Ingestion: Ingestion may result in abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting.
4. First Aid Measures
• Inhalation: Remove victim to fresh air
• Ingestion: Give victim water or milk to drink to dilute the product. Get medical advice..
• Skin Contact: Remove contaminated clothing and footwear. Wash skin with soap and water. Wash clothing before reuse.
• Eye Contact: Immediately flush eyes with water for 15 minutes. Get medical attention.
• Note to Physician: None
5. Fire Fighting Measures
Flash Point: > 200 degrees F (PMCC)
Flammability Limits: NDA
Autoignition temp: NDA
Fire Extinguishing Media:
Any available extinguishing including water spray, carbon dioxide, dry chemical, Halon 1211
Special Fire-Fighting Information:
Spilled chemical creates extremely slippery conditions, especially in contact with water. Use caution. Respiratory and eye protection are reqyired. Petroleum component is combustible, if separated from other ingredients.
Vapors/fumes will ignite.
Unusual Fire and Explosion Hazards: Hydrocarbon
components are combustible if separated from the emulsion.
6. Accidental Release Measures
Remove sources of ignition. Contain and collect, using a suitable absorbent, if needed. Place into suitable container(s) for disposal. Thoruhgly flush residuals to drain, as spilled product creates extremely slippery conditions.
7. Handling and Storage
Handle as an irritant. Do not get in eyes. Avoid prolonged/repeated skin contact. Do not inhale vapors/mists. Do not ingest. Store away from sources of ignition. Spilled product creates very slippery condition, especially in contact with water.
8. Exposure Controls/ Personal Protection
• Ventilation System: Good general ventilation is advisable. Local exhaust desired.
• Personal Respirators (NIOSH Approved): None required for normal use and processes. if needed, use respirator to filter out mists/vapors.
• Skin Protection: Long sleeved clothing, impervious rubber or neoprene gloves and protective apron.
• Eye Protection: Safety glasses or goggles
• Other Control Measures: Minimize exposure in accordance with good hygiene practice. Avoid handling which would create large amounts of mists/vapors.
• Exxon Medical Research recommended inhalation TLV for CAS 64742-47-8 of 200 ppm.
9. Physical and Chemical Properties
• Appearance and Color: Milky-white emulsion.
• Odor: Mild petroleum and acrylate
• Solubility in Water: 0.5 - 1%
• Specific Gravity: 1.10
• Viscosity at 28 deg. C: < 2800 cps
• % volatile by volume @ 21C (70F): NDA
• Boiling Point: > 200 degrees F
• Melting Point: < 23 degrees F
• Freezing Point: - 15 degrees C
• Vapor Density (Air=1): > 1
• Vapor Pressure (mm Hg): 37
• Evaporation Rate (Bu. Acetate=1): < 1
10. Stability and Reactivity
• Stability: Product is stable.
• Hazardous Decomposition Products: None known
• Hazardous Polymerization: will not occur.
• Incompatibility: Strong oxidizers: liquid chlorine,
concentrated oxygen, sodium hypochlorite, calcium hypochlorite
• Conditions to Avoid: Incompatible substances
11. Toxicological Information
• Toxicological Data:
RTECS: CAS# 25085-02-3: 1011973HP; / CAS#64742-47-8: CA5504000 / CAS#26027-38-3:MD0906000
LD50 /LC50: CAS# 25085-02-3: Oral, rat LD50 = > 5,000 mg/Kg/ CAS# 26027-38-3: / CAS# 64742-47-8: Oral,rat LD50 = 5,000 mg/Kg
• Carcinogenicity: Not listed by ACGIH, IARC, NIOSH, NTR, or OSHA
12. Ecological Information
• Environmental Fate:
• CAS# 25085-02-3: Aquatic LC50,
• Ceriodaphnia dubia, 48 hours = 1.55 ppm/ Pimephales promeias, 48 hours = 12.0 ppm
BOD (Biological Oxygen Demand) = 383,000 mg/L
COD (Chemical Oxygen Demand) = 1.930,000 mg/L
• Environmental Toxicity: NDA
13. Disposal Considerations
RCRA Hazard Class (if discarded):
Neat, unused product is not considered a hazardous waste, according to RCRA regulations 40 CFR 261.
. For proper disposal of used materials, an assessment must be completed to determine the proper waste management options permissible under applicable rules, regulations and/or laws governing client's location.
Use until less than 1 inch remains in the container, triple rinse with clean water, and pour rinse water to sewer.
Then remove or deface product label to avoid confusion if pail or drum is later refilled. Clean, empty containers should be recycled or disposed of through an approved waste management facility.
14. Transportation Information
• DOT Proper Shipping Name: Not regulated as hazardous by DOT or Canadian TDG
• DOT Hazard Class: None
• DOT Label: Class 60:(NMFC item #4612, LTL) "adhesives, adjuvents, spreaders, sliders, liquid, in pails or drums" Alken Solutions A4040L, anionic acrylamide polymer liquid
15. Regulatory Information
• TSCA: : (40CFR 710) All chemical ingredients are listed on the TSCA 8(b) inventory. None of the ingredients are on the Health and Safety Reporting List, are under Chemical Test rule, are listed under TSCA Section 12B, or have a SNUR under TSCA
CERCLA Reportable Quantity: Not subject to CERCLA reporting
• SARA TITLE III:
Section 302/304 Extremely Hazardous Substances: None
Section 311 Hazard Categorization: None
Section 313 Toxic Chemicals: None
• Clean Water Act: None of the chemicals in this formula are listed as Priority Pollutants under CWA.
• Clean Air Act : Ingredients not listed as hazardous pollutants under CAA. This product does not contain any Class 1 or Class 2 ozone depletors, nor was it made with such chemicals.
• OSHA: None of the ingredients are considered Extremely Hazardous by OSHA.
• STATE RIGHT-TO-KNOW LAWS:. Ingredients not listed on California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, or Rhode Island.
• Not subject to California Proposition 65 labeling requirements
• Canadian WHMIS Classification: CAS 64742-47-8: B3. Combustible Liquid, but flash point of formulated product has a flash pint above flammable-combustible limit for Canada
• Canadian DSL: all ingredients listed and compliant
• Canada's Ingredient Disclosure List: Light hydrotreated kerosine solvent CAS# 64742-47-8, comprising 25% of this product IS listed on the CIDL, but other ingredients are "NOT CONTROLLED". This MSDS has been prepared according to the hazard criteria of the Controlled Products Regulations (CPR) and the MSDS contains all of the information required by the CPR.
• TDG Classification: Not regulated as hazardous by Canadian TDG.
• IHT Codes: 3906.90.5000
16. Other Information
Reason for Revision: Routine review & revision
Alken-Murray Corporation provides the information contained herein in good faith, in compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, but makes no representation as to its comprehensiveness or accuracy. This document is intended only as a guide to the appropriate precautionary handling of the material by a properly trained person using this product. Alken-Murray warrants that this product is of merchantable quality. The implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose is limited to the extent the products are used for the purpose or uses described on the product's label or in any written instructions or materials distributed to the buyer by Alken-Murray and is hereby disclaimed should buyer use the products in a manner inconsistent with this uses or purposes described therein. In no event shall Alken-Murray be liable for any consequential, exemplary, or incidental damages incurred by buyer even if it has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
THANKS FOR REGARDING
TECHNOLAB EL-BAHAA GROUP
BAHAA BADR EL-DIN
WATER TREATMENT CONSULTANT